As an engineer, you are responsible for a global network of more than 90 locations, running it with passion and actively contributing to its continuous development.
In a team of 15 highly motivated colleagues, we do everything we can to continuously promote efficiency through automation, and to offer our customers new, exciting features. Our goal is to be at the cutting edge of technology and always strive for the best solution.
Backbone Europe, which was launched at the end of 2017, serves as the foundation for our further development in the network. You will be responsible for operating and expanding our network. You will be involved in the global rollout of over 100 new Juniper 100G routers and will work together with colleagues to implement our new EVPN/VXLAN-based data center network. In addition to this, you will support our team in further developing our automation, implementing customer projects, and in daily operations.
- You possess basic network knowledge, boast a few years’ network operating experience under your belt, and have seen the inside of at least one data center. Operating, configuring, and documenting highly complex networks should be child’s play for you, and you should also be confident managing small to mid-size projects.
- You have discovered BGP as the routing protocol for you and have gained initial experience in this.
- You are no stranger to CLIs of routers/switches (e.g. Cisco, Juniper).
- Having your own scripts in Bash and/or Python is going to help make your day-to-day work easier.
- You are familiar with Linux system tools and common monitoring tools
- You work independently, are a real team player, are goal and future oriented, and are not afraid to break new ground and learn from your mistakes. Participation in the on-call service after the probationary period is a matter of course for you. You have a driver’s license class B, a clean record, and speak fluent English.
Anexia grew up as a family, and with our growth strategy, we intend to keep it that way. We like to take responsibility, respect one another, and we know that we can achieve whatever we put our minds to. We look after Anexia, and Anexia looks after us. Enthusiasm, experience, and competence count, so you can expect a fair salary and numerous benefits.
We are more than just a workplace. Therefore, we offer our employees many benefits (which partly depend on your position and location): good transport connections and flexible working hours. Period. Not to mention further training, a mentoring program, free parking, a mobile phone and notebook, snacks and drinks, company cars, employee events, a fun corner, ...